AMC Commercial Cleaning maintains a strong commitment to our planet and its future. We seek to conduct all aspects of our commercial cleaning business in a way that protects the quality of the environment and yields a less toxic effect on our employees and our clients.
To achieve this, we have waste minimisation processes in place at all times and are committed to the prevention of pollution, with the overall objectives of reducing our overall environmental impact wherever possible.
We strive for continual improvement of our environmental performance through systematic management practice.
Commitment and Communication
We are committed to:
- Compliance with local environmental legislation;
- Set and periodically review environmental objectives and targets;
- Waste and energy minimisation and proper waste handling being considered at all times in existing operations and in the planning or purchasing of new plant, equipment, processes or substances;
- Maintaining an environmental reporting system keeping management informed of important environmental developments, particularly any serious incidents which are detrimental to the environment;
- Careful consideration of community concerns on environmental issues with relation to commercial cleaning practices.
Objectives and Targets
As part of our commitment to the environment, we strive to:
- Promote good environmental programs for our clients and actively seek partnering commitments such as elimination of bin liners and the introduction of correct barrier matting;
- Reduce all chemical usage by 50% and prioritise the use of natural, non-toxic cleaning products as soon as suitable alternatives become available;
- Eliminate all plastic rubbish bags as soon as a viable alternative is sourced (recycled paper);
- Use 5 micron filter disposable bags in our vacuum cleaners to remove dust particles from our customers buildings;
- Use static cloths for dusting, and to re-use cleaning cloths by collecting clothes previously used in food service areas and re-using them on industrial sites for other less critical cleaning processes;
- Minimise water usage in the workplace by cutting water consumption by 20%;
- Minimise electrical power usage in the workplace by turning off lights when night cleaning, in areas not being used (target of 10% savings);
- Collect paper, cardboard, plastic and glass waste for recycling purposes;
- Purchase only environmentally friendly (biodegradable) cleaning products that are environmentally friendly (biodegradable) and to encourage our suppliers to provide cleaning products only in re-usable containers;
- Reduce unnecessary paper usage (by using electronic mail);
- Purchase recycled products when there is a viable alternative;
- Actively promote office recycling of used products;
- Educate, train and motivate staff to conduct their activities in an environmentally responsible manner;
- Introduce composting (to reduce landfill waste) where possible and in co-operation with our customers;
- Encourage employee participation in all environment programs.
Fully certified cleaning systems
AMC Commercial Cleaning only work with cleaning product companies whose products meet environmental friendly standards in the composition of their cleaning products.
Learn more about our environmental certification here.
Ready to hire an environmentally friendly cleaning company for your commercial cleaning needs? Get in touch now.